Onion carrot raita
Onion carrot raita is a simple curd based side dish served along with biryanis, roti, pulao varieties. Many types of raitas are prepared in India from simple onion raita, onion tomato raita, onion cucumber raita to this onion carrot raita.
Today I prepared Capsicum pulao and served with this onion carrot raita. Raita is an easy way to add fresh vegs like onion, tomato, cucumber and carrot in kids’ lunch box. Raitas are my second kid’s favorite and she eats any kind of raita just as main food:D
There is no detailed recipe explanation as it is a no cook recipe. Hence there is no step wise picture explanation.
- Onion – 1
- Carrot – 1
- Curd – 1 cup
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Coriander leaves - few
Beat thick curd.
In a bowl take thick curd and beat slightly.
Add onion and carrot.
Add coriander leaves. Mix everything together.
Serve with roti, chapati, biryani or pulao.
Tips/notes: Use thick curd for making raita.
- In a bowl take thick curd and beat.
- Add onion and carrot.
- Add salt.
- Add coriander leaves. Mix everything together.
- Serve with roti, chapati, biryani or pulao.
- Use thick curd for making raita.
- If you like add green chillies chopped. Skip chilli for kids.
- Add chat masala a pinch if you like. I did not add.